We live in a world where we can use a mobile phone to do practically everything, including weighing things. With just a few taps on the food scale app, you can determine the weight, calorie count, and sometimes the price of the food you're preparing. The food scale app turns your mobile phone into a measuring device to allow you to follow your recipes keenly.
There are several food scale apps available for both IOS and Android users that help to weigh what you eat accurately. Measuring your food is not a challenge anymore since the scale is now within your reach at any time. You will find that some of these food scale apps will have a converter to measure things in cups and spoons conveniently.
If you're interested in finding out the best digital food scale apps, then keep on reading. Below are the eight best food scale apps for Android and IOS users to make your measuring process easier and help you get accurate measurements.
8 Best Food Scale Apps
1. Kitchen Scale App
The kitchen scale app is a simple app that converts your mobile device to a digital measuring instrument. This app serves as a converter to measure baking ingredients in spoons and cups, as well as a helper for someone who loves cooking at home.
On the kitchen scale app, you may be required to choose the ingredient you're planning to use and also indicate the amount you require for the recipe. You will then be required to place the food item on the screen of the phone, and this smartphone app will automatically show the exact weight.
With just a few taps, you can convert the measurements to different units. However, this kitchen scale app has a limit where you can measure items up to 500 grams. This limit has been set to prevent damaging or scratch your phone because of weighing very heavy things.
2. Weight Scale Estimator
The weight scale estimator is an app that claims to be using a piece of paper as a weight sensor. Just from its name, it provides you with a scale to measure anything you want from your mobile device. However, it may not be 100% accurate, and this is why the developers of this food scale app are always looking for ways to optimize the app.
Like most scale apps, this one also has a weight limit of 500 grams. The limits help prevent screen scratches, and if you try to weigh a food item with more mass, the app will immediately stop working. For this app to effectively work, you will need two pieces of paper and a 0.5 jar filled with water which works to calibrate the app.
However, the process of measuring is quite simple, you just need to place the item on the screen, and the app will indicate the weight. If you're looking for a digital kitchen scale for your phone, you should consider the Weight Scale Estimator.
3. Sensoscale Lite Digital Scale
The Sensoscale Lite Digital Scale is a great food scale app if you're hoping to get precise measurements. It is reviewed as a pro scaling app to help you measure things. However, there are some things you might be required to have a Bluetooth included scale. You will need to use this scale and connect it to your app via Bluetooth.
This means that it won't function if the app lacks a scale to connect to through Bluetooth. The app has listed a list of scales that work best and can even connect to industrial scales. It will also easily record and save all measurements, so you can always come back to check the measurements. It is a nice app to pair with your scale.
4. Smart Chef Smart Food Scale
The Smart Chef is a smart food scale app that will help you cook delicious meals because of following the recipes. Moreover, this app also works with well-known diet apps to provide you with accurate nutritional information. You also get an education section that has advice on health and food recipes.
You will just need to place the food items on the screen, and the app will immediately indicate the weight. It also includes a calorie counter to help you calculate calories for the meal. The app will save all your measures, and this smartphone app will also provide you with weekly graphs. For people who love baking, there is also a baking mixing function. This app has several useful features and is also easy to use.
5. Food Scale Droid
Whenever you're doing your shopping, you find that so many items are sold by weight. If you want to buy a portion of a kilo, it can be really confusing since the prices are indicated per kilo. The food scale droid is a digital app with a simple interface to help you do the calculations. You simply need to input the kilograms you wish to purchase and the price per kilogram. Moreover, this free app will help you keep track of all items you're hoping to buy.
6. Kitchen Scale Simulator Pro
The Kitchen Scale Simulator Pro is a great app for measuring small things, and you can measure anything you want, not only kitchen items. However, there is a limit. It allows you to do the scaling process right from your Android device.
It is also an entertaining tool that one can use to prank people. You can pretend to weigh something by just choosing one from the list. This app will provide a simulation vid with a scale and product on it. If you're looking to have fun with a food scale app, you should try the Kitchen Scale Simulator Pro.
7. Joyful Kitchen
The Joyful Kitchen is another application that will help you understand your daily intake. It is a multi-purpose app that helps ease some of your kitchen tasks. The app provides you with useful measure instruments to measure the temperature of the food, the weight, know the nutritional facts, and much more. You can also track the humidity of the food item.
You also get a timer tool and a scaling instrument that is simple to use. All you're required to do is to place the meal on the screen, and it will indicate the weight. There is a measuring limit of 500 grams. This app functions like diet apps and is great for providing weight-loss strategies. You can select your meal, and the app will show the nutritional information to make your cooking process much easier.
8. Calories in Food
If you're serious about health and are looking to monitor the calorie intake of the food you eat, then you should try the Calories in Food app. It is a digital kitchen scale app that provides you nutritional information on how many proteins, fats, carbs, and calories a food or meal contains.
If you're someone on a strict diet, you will definitely love this app. Choose the food from a bunch of categories. The app features over 8000 food items, so you will probably find what you're looking for. The goal of the Calories in Food app is to help users keep track of their daily intake and help them achieve their health goals.
5 Best Smart Food Scales that are App-Enabled
1. RENPHO Digital Food Scale
- 【Health Management Expert】Download Renpho Health app to track and record food data, calculate calories, offer a detailed nutritional analysis, and also support syncing with Apple Health. The user-friendly app contains an extensive USDA food database, which also allows you to add and customize your own food data into the APP as needed.
- 【Accurate Measurement】Food weight scale accurately weighs anything between 1g and 5000g in measurement increments of 1g / 0.05oz. 4 sensitive sensors provide precise and reliable measures way to get an accurate weight. Combined with the nutritional scale, kitchen scale and coffee scale together, the Coffee timer function displays the ratio between coffee beans and water, recording time and weight of beans.
- 【Tare Function】With the one-touch tare function, you will no longer have trouble with complex steps to get net weight! Gram scale removes the weight of the container with the tare button, easy to get the exact weight of the required items without changing the bowl.
- 【Measuring 5 Units】Easily convert units to ounces(oz), both pounds and ounces(lb: oz), grams(g), milliliters(ml), fluid ounce(fl .oz) for more accurate ingredients. You can switch units both on the food scale and phone app. Perfect for Keto, diet, weight loss or bodybuilding!
- 【Display and Appearance Upgrade】Large stylish glass platform, easy to clean and surface waterproof. 7.52''x 6.57''x 0.82'' size, RENPHO Kitchen Scale comes with auto-off function to save energy.The digital kitchen scale’s convenient size makes it easy to store, which is travel-friendly and takes up little storage space in a kitchen drawer, cabinet, or travel case.
The RENPHO Digital Food Scale is a multi-function scale that anyone can use to measure coffee, nutrition, and other kitchen items. It comes with an app that does a wide range of functions; for example, it provides you with nutritional information about your favorite meals.
It features a coffee pot function that allows you to see the ratio of coffee beans and water. The app gives you accurate results and will easily convert units to grams, fluid ounces, milliliters, and ounces. It also has a tare function that helps to reset the weight to zero.
2. Mackie Digital Kitchen Food Scale
- EASILY LOSE WEIGHT: Our digital food scale is the best rated, holds the most features and is the most accurate on the market. Armed with the USDA’s calorie and Macros calculator we make selecting a health snack and diet easy! Losing weight fast has never been easier.
- EASY FEATURS EXPLAINED: Only with the NutraTrack Mini: We show you everything that is in your foods and give you running totals of all nutritional values for the day or week. This helps you and your family become healthier by making better food choices.
- A CUT ABOVE: Automatically measures, displays, and tracks your calorie, carbohydrate, fat, sodium, protein, cholesterol and fiber intakes. Rated #1 best food scale. Buy now and love your new kitchen scale.
- HOW IT WORKS: Place the Food on the scale and instantly see your nutritional values. See why we are rated the fastest and easiest to use: digital food, kitchen and nutrition scale on the market. Watch our how to videos for more insight.
- AMERICAN CUSTOMER SERVICE: 10-YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY against any defects, always free replacements. 24x7 free lifetime support! We are an American Company working out of Seattle Washington supporting and helping families for over 40 years!
If you're in search of a user-friendly digital food scale with accurate responses, then the Mackie Digital Kitchen Food Scale is a great option. There is a list of 160 common foods underneath the scale ad you can as well add up to 999 foods. It features a backlit LCD display for improved visibility and a tare button that subtracts the weight of a container to give accurate responses.
The display will instantly show the data once you place the food, including the fats, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, salt, sugar, and calories in the food. This digital food scale has a capacity of 11 pounds, and the available measuring units include fluid ounce, pounds, ounce, milliliters, and kilograms.
3. IDAODAN Smart Food Scale
The IDAODAN Smart Food Scale is another app-enabled food scale that promotes a healthy lifestyle by showing the nutritional breakdown of your foods. You can easily enter the food's code, and you will see the number of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, calories, salt, fiber, and cholesterol in your favorite foods.
It provides accurate results and nutritional facts in pounds, grams, ounces, fluid ounces, and millimeters. People can use this digital food scale for measuring solids as well as liquids. It features a large LCD display for easy reading and also a reliable auto-off function.
4. EatSmart Digital Nutritional Scale
- EAT SMART: At Eat Smart, we want to give you the tools and confidence to meet the challenge head-on. Founded in 2005, Eat Smart is devoted to designing, developing, and manufacturing innovative health care products to meet the needs of our customers.
- LIVE SMARTER: This nutritional kitchen scale calculates calories, carbs, fiber, sodium, potassium, magnesium, total fats, saturated fats, cholesterol, calcium, protein, and vitamin K for 999 ingredients, liquids, and processed foods. The Food Code Book features a comprehensive list of foods from meats, fruits, nuts, and cereals. Combining healthy foods with a balanced routine leads to a wellness routine you can maintain.
- OVERSIZED DISPLAY: The large LCD display with a white backlight shows the weight and nutritional values on the screen.
- MEMORY MODE: Weighing in grams (to the nearest whole gram) and ounces (to the nearest 0.1 oz) with a max weight of 11lbs, this scale allows you to save up to 99 entries for daily or weekly tracking.
- TARE FUNCTION: Place a container on the scale, press the tare button to “zero out” the weight of the container, add food to the container and see the weight of the food only. When ready to add another ingredient, press the tare button again.
The EatSmart Digital Kitchen Scale features a USDA Nutrition Facts label to help you calculate the nutrients in foods. This means that you're assured of the current scientific information like the calories, servings per container, sodium, vitamin K, fiber, and fats, among other nutrients.
This smart app features a tare function where you can minus the weight of the container. This scale automatically shuts off after two minutes for battery conservation. It has a weight capacity of 11 pounds, and measurements are in units like ounces, grams, and pounds. It also features a backlit LCD display and can keep up to 99 nutrition records or food entries.
5. Muzili Smart Food Scale
Muzili Smart food scale features great Bluetooth connectivity, and the app works on both Android and iOS systems. You get an outstanding nutritional value with detailed information for different types of meals. This scale comes with a stainless steel material for durability and features an LCD display, a low battery indicator, and a zero/ tare button.
This scale can easily convert the units into grams, millimeters, pounds, and ounces. You can also measure the coffee grounds, and on the companion app, you can view the ratio of coffee and water.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Food Scale Apps
1. Is there a scale app that really works?
Yes. There are a good number of digital kitchen scales app that works. While most of them weigh your food and help you track your weight loss journey, some of them might not accurately weigh the foods. We have reviewed the best food scale apps currently available in the market.
2. Can I use my iPhone as a weight scale?
There are several iOS kitchen scale apps that one can use to measure the weight of your foods from your iPhone. However, these apps have a weight limit, so you can't use them to measure heavier things because you may damage the screen.