Today I made breakfast. I had been up for a while already, so my supply of patience was low.
While my sausage patties were thawing, I chopped some onion & red pepper, and then grated some cheese because that’s what made sense at the time.
When all was ready to go into the skillet, I turned it to high heat and set a timer for 10 minutes.
After a few minutes cooking on one side, I flipped ’em over and cooked until they looked “done” (aka the meat stopped being pink).
You can see from this photo how excited everybody was about eating breakfast. Contains links to Amazon from which I earn a small commission if you make purchases after clicking on them.
So there you have it: a simple way to cook frozen sausage patties. The great thing about this recipe is that it can easily be tailored to your own tastes by adding different herbs and spices, or even other vegetables. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Sausage patties are versatile, convenient, and delicious. Here’s how to cook them perfectly every time, whether they’re fresh or frozen.
- 1 pound frozen sausage patties
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1. Preheat a large skillet over high heat.
- 2. While the skillet is heating, chop the onion and pepper and grate the cheese; set aside.
- 3. When the skillet has heated for a few minutes, add sausage patties and cook until browned on one side (about 4-5 minutes).
- 4. Flip patties and continue to cook until they’re cooked through (no pink remaining) and have started to crisp up on the edges (~4 more minutes).
- 5. Remove from pan onto a plate or cutting board, sprinkle with grated cheese, cover loosely with foil so it stays warm but doesn’t steam itself, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 6. Add & red pepper to pan juices left in skillet, sauté for a few minutes until softened then serve as a side.
Sausage patties are a versatile, convenient, and delicious breakfast option that can be cooked quickly and easily in a skillet.
By following the simple instructions in this article, you can ensure that your sausage patties turn out perfectly every time. Whether they’re fresh or frozen, these patties are sure to please!
How do you cook frozen raw sausage patties:
The most common way to cook frozen raw sausage patties is by pan-frying them.
To begin, place the raw sausage patty(s) in a frying pan or skillet on medium-high heat. While cooking, turn them occasionally to evenly brown all sides of the patty(s).
When you are almost done cooking the patties, reduce the temperature to medium-low and pour water into the frying pan or skillet until it reaches halfway up the side of the sausage.
Continue cooking for about 8 minutes until cooked throughout. Do not overcook as this can dry out your meat!
If desired, serve with eggs for breakfast! Cook eggs in separate frying pan/skillet or in a microwave-safe dish. For more ideas on what you can serve with your sausage, see Related Recipes below.
Do not use these cooking methods for cooked sausages as they will likely overcook and dry out during the process! Note: The amount of water added to a frying pan/skillet will depend on the size, shape, thickness, and quantity of patties being cooked.
How long does it take to bake frozen sausage patties?
Since it varies on the size and thickness of the sausage patties, it’s difficult to give an exact answer as to how long it will take.
However, on average, it takes around 20-25 minutes to bake frozen sausage patties. Be sure to keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn.
Cooking sausage patties in ninja foodi grill:
Cooking sausage patties in the Ninja Foodi Grill is a quick and easy way to make a delicious breakfast or snack. The best part is, there’s no need for any oil or butter – the sausage will cook up perfectly without it.
The first step is to preheat your grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, take the sausage out of its casing and form it into small patties. Place them on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once midway through cooking.
Once they’re done, remove them from the grill and enjoy! You can serve them with some grilled onions and peppers, or just eat them plain. They’re also great served on a bun with some ketchup or mustard.
So next time you’re in the mood for some sausage patties, give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!
- -Sausage patties (either pre-made or homemade)
- -Ninja Foodi Grill
- -400 degrees Fahrenheit
- -Grill rack
- -Vegetables (optional)
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the sausage out of its casing and form it into small patties. Place them on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping once midway through cooking.
- Once they’re done, remove them from the grill and enjoy! You can serve them with some grilled onions and peppers, or just eat them plain. They’re also great served on a bun with some ketchup or mustard.
How long to cook frozen sausage patties in oven:
Cooking frozen sausage patties in the oven is a quick and easy way to have breakfast ready in no time.
The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the sausage patties and your oven’s temperature, but typically they will take about 15-20 minutes to cook.
To ensure that your sausage patties are cooked through, you can use a food thermometer to check their internal temperature.
They should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to be considered safe to eat.
Cook frozen sausage patties the same way you would cook them from a raw state, but add about 5 minutes to your cooking time.
If they are cooked too long or on high heat, the fat in the meat will melt and release into the pan while it cooks. This is not desirable because when this happens, there can be hot spots that cause flare-ups of grease which create smoke and odors.
To avoid these problems make sure to use medium heat for an extended period of time until excess moisture has been expelled from your food before turning up the temperature or flipping.